Alan Broadbent, 2-time Grammy Award winning Jazz Pianist, Arranger, Conductor and Composer, born 1947 in New Zealand, has long been a major force behind the scenes in jazz, whether it was accompanying Irene Kral on some of the most exquisite vocal albums ever recorded, contributing arrangements to Sir Paul McCartney, Natalie Cole, Diana Krall or Jane Monheit, or playing piano with Charlie Haden's Quartet West.
13 CD‘s released under his own name are proof though that he is not only working in the background. 4 of his own recordings earned Grammy Nominations: „Best Improvised Jazz Solo“ in 2010, nominated with Keith Jarrett, Herbie Hancock, Wynton Marsalis and Hank Jones, 2006 and 2005 and „Best Composition“ in the year 1997. After his appearance with Sir Paul McCartney during this year's Grammy Award ceremony Alan Broadbent, who was described as
"one of the greatest living jazz pianists"
by the Los Angeles Times in the fall of 2011, is introduced for the first time to the European public on a live tour as leader.
Philipp Steen on bass and drummer Kai Bussenius, two representatives of the Hamburg jazz scene and rhythm section of Germany's vibes legend Wolfgang Schlüter, complete the Alan Broadbent Trio. With their Hammer Klavier Trio both were invited in June 2011 as the first representatives of German Jazz ever as Award candidate by the Jazz Journalists Association for their Award gala in New York City, USA.
- 23. March 2012 – 9 pm: Jazzclub Lustenau (AT)
- 26. March 2012 – Workshop, University of Music Wuerzburg (DE)
- 27. March 2012 – Workshop, University of Music Wuerzburg (DE)
- 28. March 2012 – 8:30 pm Uhr: Porgy & Bess, Vienna (AT)
- 31. March 2012 – 7 pm: Schloss Elmau (DE)
- 03. April 2012 – 8 pm: Regentenkamer, The Hague (NL)
- 04. April 2012 – Workshop, Royal Conservatory, The Hague (NL)
- 05. April 2012 – 10 pm: A-Trane, Berlin (DE)
- 06. April 2012 – 9 pm: Grand Hotel Heiligendamm (DE)
- 07. April 2012 – 9 pm: Birdland, Hamburg (DE)
- 12. April 2012 – 7:30 pm: Watermill Jazz Club, Dorking (UK)
- 14. April 2012 – 3:30 pm: Master Class, The Bull’s Head, London (UK)
- 14. April 2012 – 8:30 pm: The Bull’s Head, London (UK)