Québec Jazz Festival October 02\\03\\04\\05 2008 Palermo, "Kursaal Kalhesa" - via Foro Umberto I
On 2\\3\\4\\5 October 2008, from Thursday to Sunday, the city of Palermo, Sicily (Italy), will host the Québec Jazz Festival, travelling festival, of which the purpose is to introduce the jazz scene from Québec by hosting in the venues of its editions some of its most significant representatives.
This edition 2008, which will take place within the framework of the 400th Anniversary of the Foundation of the City of Québec, amongst the various stops in Europe - Spain, France, Belgium, Polland, Holland - will be hosted in Palermo, the city of proved sensitiveness for jazz, at "Kursaal Kalhesa" (via Foro Umberto I). The festival will then move to Turin.
This 2nd edition of "Québec Jazz" includes the following artists:
- thursday, October the 2nd - François Bourassa Quartet: François Bourassa (pn), André Leroux (sx), Adrian Vedady (cbs), Philippe Melanson (dr)
- friday, October the 3rd - Yves Leveillé Quintet: Yves Léveillé (pn), Roberto Murray (sx), Aron Doyle (tr), Marc Lalonde (cbs), Ugo di Vito (dr)
- saturday October the 4th - Michel Donato et ses amis Européens: Michel Donato (cbs), Karl Jannuska (dr), François Théberge (sx), Michael Felberbaum (gt), Piotr Wojtasik (tr)
- sunday, October the 5th - "Auguste Quartet" di Alain Bédard: Alain Bédard (cbs), Frank Lozano (sx), Alexandre Grogg (pn), Pierre Tanguay (dr)
All the concerts will be held at 9:00 pm , free entrance
"Québec Jazz Festival" - From Canada to Palermo, passing through New York "Québec Jazz" took place for the first time in 2007 at the Lincoln Center of New York, over 4 nights that quickly went sold out: Yves Leveillé Sextet with Paul MCCandless as a guest, JazzLab with Donny McCaslin as a guest, François Bourassa Quartet with David Binney as a guest and Christine Jensen with her sister Ingrid Jensen as a guest. The success of the first 2007 edition led the Lincoln Center to host a further series of 6 concerts on May and June 2008.
Partners, sponsors & key players are:
- The Cultural Institutions of Québec
- The Montreal based record label Effendi Records
- The Paris based Artists Agency Seven Productions
- The General Delegation of Québec and the Canadian Cultural Centre in Italy.
- MUSIC EYES -
Via Amm. Rizzo 39, 90142, Palermo, Italy Tel: +39 091 6379228 Fax: +39 091 545925
Website: www.musiceyes.com MySpace:www.myspace.com/jazzeyesrecords